Friday, January 14, 2011

Frustrated

Wednesday was a rough day. I woke up in the early morning with a migraine. I took a pill and went back to sleep, glad it was only 4am so that I had time to sleep off the headache and the nasty side effects I often get from the pill. Unfortunately that extra two and half hours wasn’t sufficient. I woke up without the headache, but achy and tired and quite grumpy. As the day wore on, I felt tired and was hurting and started to worry that maybe I was getting the flu. That’s kind of what it felt like, the all over body aches and dragging, tired feeling. By the end of the day I was exhausted and still achy all over. I debated all afternoon whether I would exercise when I got home. I missed Tuesday’s session because I was getting my new tires (Yay!! Thank you again to my wonderful dad). So if I skipped Wednesday that would mean I’ve only workout out one day so far this week. My New Year’s resolution minimum is four time per week. The most frustrating part was trying to decide whether I felt icky enough to justify skipping out. And if I decided to push myself through it, would I feel even worse the next day. It’s only week two of 2011 and I don’t want to blow it so quickly. But I also don’t want to push myself, feel worse the next day, and end up missing a week or more. This is one of those times I wish I had a crystal ball to tell me what I will feel like if I go with plan a (exercise) or plan b (relax and go to bed early) so I can make an educated decision. At some point it occurred to me that the achy, tired feeling was most likely not the flu but a continued side effect of the migraine pill. But I couldn’t be sure. In the end I did not exercise. I went to bed early hoping I wasn’t coming down with the flu and wouldn’t get another migraine on Thursday. I was hoping to be full of energy and ready for a workout Thursday afternoon. Migraines are such a nuisance.

No comments:

Post a Comment