Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ken Lukenbill

For those of you who don't already know, Kenneth Lukenbill passed away on Friday, August 24th, 2007 at the age of 32. Ken and I were together for seven years, from July 1999 to May 2003. He was my husband for four years of that time, from May 1999 to May 2003. I hadn't seen Ken since August 2005 when he moved to Idaho, and in the two years between our split and his move we hadn't talked much, if at all. I was shocked to read his obituary (below) and even though I hadn't had much contact with him for the past four years, I am having a very difficult time dealing with his passing. While we obviously had our down times, we had some good times as well. I changed as a result of our relationship and I think I am a better person today because of our time together. I hope that he could have said the same thing about me.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who loved him. I can't imagine how hard this must be for all of them.




Kenneth Joseph Lukenbill

7/17/1975 - 8/24/2007







Born on July 17, 1975 in Mountain View, California, Kenneth passed away unexpectedly on August 24th, 2007. He spent most of his life in Ukiah, California, he graduated from Ukiah High School and Mendocino Junior College, and Ken attended Chico State. Ken was an Information Technology Engineer and worked in Windsor, Calif. and Folsom, Calif. He loved working on computers and was an avid Beatles collector and fan. Ken also had a special love of stray animals, adopting many over the years. Ken's hobby was wood working; he created many beautiful pieces of furniture for his family that will last for many lifetimes. He especially loved his fiancée, Serena Chaviers, and their two year old son, Harley Moser Lukenbill III, known as Harley 3. Ken is survived by his parents Harley and Gayle Lukenbill of Auburn, Calif., brothers Aaron, Harley Jr., and William. Ken had a zest for life and took on many challenges that most people would not attempt. Ken was loved by all and will missed by all. The Lukenbill family will be holding private services to remember Kenneth.

Published in the Gold Country Media Newspapers on 8/30/2007.
Published in the Ukiah Daily Journal on 8/30/2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment